April 7, 2010

UHaul Day.

Yes. This entry is late, again.
No. I don't hate you guys.
Yes. I am bad at updating.
No. It's not my fault that I have 473 things going on right now.
Yes. I am going to continue keeping you updated on my life.
Yes. I am going to aim to have my new post on Sundays each week.
Yes. I will continue to post pictures of my super cute husband.
Ok? Geez.

Now, for the update.

First off, and most importantly ALL OF OF OUR STUFF CAME! WE LOVE REX AND CONNOR SO SO SO SOOOO MUCH!

Here is our first peek into the UHaul!

They weren't to excited to see what a long night they had ahead of them. Connor had driven from Oklahoma to Texas to California all within the past 48 hours. He was tired.

Luckily, our really cool/awesome/great/pretty-eyed neighbor Anthony came over to help!

We got it all in the house, for the most part. Yay!

Currently this is where we're at:

As you can see, a lot needs to be done. I'll post pictures when we're finished.

Besides the mess, here are a few (of the many) great things about getting all of our stuff!
1. We get all of our stuff!
2. We now have a fully stocked fridge and freezer... because we can cook things!

3. Our cabinets are full and we got to take all of our presents from the shower/wedding/nice people who sent us stuff out of their boxes!

4. Refrigerator magnets.

5. We have chairs and table to eat at!

And 6. This super cool dresser my dad sent us.

Give me a week (or 2 or 3) and I'll show you everything. Until then, pray for us.

Ok, next. We went to the beach this weekend. Like usual. That boy making the weird face that isn't my husband is my cousin, Connor. I love Connor. He brought me a UHaul.

The water wasn't too warm. The locals tell us it won't be until July-ish.

They had so much fun. Scott got really deep into the water. And he didn't even get eaten by a shark!

Finally they came out.

They both had hypothermia.

Ok, not Connor. He's invincible.

And really, neither did he. But he should have. It was really cold in there.

I have a feeling we're going to have a lot of pictures like this over the next few years.

Something I love about this place (besides living with my husband, and the beach, and everything that came on the UHaul...) is that you see bunnies and lizards everywhere! There are also rattlesnakes everywhere. But I haven't been able to get a picture, yet. You also hear constant gunfire and explosions. I don't really mind it though.

And Scott found these bluebonnets on the top of a mountain!

Now, onto my new favorite part of our blog: telling you about my cooking!
I bought a cookbook called The 5 Dollar Dinner Mom Cookbook. She taught me so much. I learned about meal planing and coupons and leftovers! I also bought another cookbook called Get Cooking. She taught me a lot, too! She makes easy recipes that taste REALLY GOOD. Along with Pioneer Woman, Brittany White, and Julie Ware I've learned how to cook! Well, kinda. I want to bring you all along on my cooking adventure. There has been some talk about another blog... Nu"Trish"ion possibly. I don't know. We'll see how this all goes. For now, I'll just keep it on here.

Here's our menu for this week:

And here's a little preview of next week's entry...

My main goal is to make food that he loves and so far, he likes it!

And before I go make tonight's dinner, just a little tip for anyone who's moving soon...

Don't try and bring your bread.

I love you all. Come visit. Seriously. This week. Tomorrow. Please?

7 comments:

Gloribel Martinez said...

Wow... good luck unpacking, I just had to go through that myself and it's fun the first ten boxes and then the excitement starts to wearoff...lol.. But once your done and take a look around your new home and see how organized and homelike it feels with all of your things in their place...You won't even remember all those boxes...

bsimms8907 said...

I love your haircut it looks so cute on you... I've always want to do a short pixie cut like that but I don't have a cute enough face for it haha

Sadie Constance said...

I love you so much. Even when you do things like assume bread will stay good throughout a move to California.

Mar Biggs said...

yay for getting your stuff!! Looks like you guys are so happy and having lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

EW TRISH THAT BREAD! I can't believe you put that in the UHaul. I love you still though and can't wait to see you!

Love,
DLandy

Anonymous said...

You look SO happy! I love reading your blogs! Even though we don't talk much anymore, I like keeping up with you and Scott! I'm praying for you two. I know how difficult it is to be with a military man! Love you girl!

-Laura J.

Richard H said...

Sounds like you are getting it all together! Thrilled for you and Scotty. Love the blog.. it makes me laugh, really. Nice......