January 24, 2010

Busy week.

I only have a few minutes to update but I'm gonna do my best to fill you in on the eventful week we had.

First off, I got a job working for the City of Hurst! I start tomorrow and I'm so psyched! I love working with people and I can't think of a better way to do it than checking them in so they can work out at the rec. This will be such a great way for me to be in the community and love on everyone God puts in my path. It will definitely be a fun environment and I think that's just what I need right now.

This week was week one of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I couldn't move much the majority of the week but I took the weekend off so I'm starting to be able to lift my arms again. I'll start back up again tomorrow... dangit.

Also, I got to talk to Scott a lot this weekend while he was on liberty. He is doing good. He misses home and being dry. Apparently it has been raining non-stop there, so pray that they get some relief from that. Some of the Marines are really struggling but Scott has been able to spend some time talking with and encouraging those guys. Hopefully they are all able to make it through the week. They have a 5K hump (hike) on Tuesday and a weapons test on Thursday. Scott asked me to pray that he finishes first and makes a 100 on the test... he's so hardcore.

In other news, I am going to California this weekend! Scott and I are both very ready to spend time together, especially in the beautiful San Diego. We want to go to the zoo, and the beach, and both bases, and LA, and San Deigo... we'll just have to see how much we can squeeze in. For you guys this means my post next week will be very fun and filled with pictures, woohoo!

Sorry I don't have much time to update. If this just wasn't enough to satisfy your Gilchrist fix feel free to look my cooking adventures of the week. I'm getting pretty good, if I do say so myself...


I'll leave you with a couple exclusive wedding pictures:



Have a great week, love y'all!

1 comment:

Brittany White said...

I love Papa's face in that picture! Can't wait to meet our new, hotter selves in less than thirty days, now.