March 23, 2010

Moving and such.

I know, I know. This is way late. But hey, give me a break. I moved to a new state. For the past few days I was convinced California didn't have wifi. But don't worry I found it at our local library. Which is where I will also check out books. Which is on my 101 list! Which brings me to my first (of many) order(s) of business...

I have officially started my 101 list. Here's the website. It has a countdown. You can keep me in check here. Feel free to motivate me/remind me to do stuff. I'll keep you updated as I go along. I started it yesterday instead of my first day here. I gave myself the weekend to get settled.

Scott has pneumonia. I think he's had it for a while he's just really tough and didn't want to go to the doctor. But I'm a big pansy worrier and I made him go to the ER to get checked out. They gave him medicine and he's feeling much, much better now.

Despite his sickness, Scott got us a house! It's perfect. It's... one bedroom, loft style, really clean, awesome, 2 story, cuter than anything, and we love it. I'll post pics once I take some.

We also got a car! My super great husband, Scott, bought us a 1999 maroon 4Runner! It's so great. It has automatic doors and windows and even cruise control! I'm so in love. His name might be Oliver, it's not for sure yet.

We have a flower bed and we're allowed to plant things in it!!! Oh my gosh. I am so excited about that. I cannot wait to pick out flowers. And there is also a competition for best flower bed. You bet your bottom dollar we're gonna win it. I'll definitely have a post about that someday.

We don't have furniture. We don't know when we'll get furniture. But we do know that Scott's extremely sweet, awesome, good looking, motorcycle riding, ex-marine uncle is going to drive the U-Haul for us. But until then we have an air mattress that is working just fine. Unlike the air mattress that we slept on the first night. Which seemed to get more holes as the night went on. Not to mention Scott's raging fever and nausea. And our lack of pillows. But it's ok. That's what being newlyweds is all about... right?

I found the gym. I've been trying to wake up at the same time as Scott every morning. Which today was 4:45 am. We'll see how long this lasts. I'm trying to make myself go to the 6 am workout classes that way I'll have some incentive to get out of bed. One day down, 3.5 years to go. The gym is neat, everything is free! I love that.

Now that I've caught you up to speed on California business I'll let you know all about last week:

Sadie turned 22! And it was fun. Pictures are here.

My friends and I took a day trip to Austin! I really liked that place. Here are the pictures for that.

I packed up everything I owned. It was so weird. I've never actually left. I've only left to Arlington. It's still kinda strange. But I'm figuring this new place out. And I'll keep you updated with all of my failures and hopefully successes here. On this blog. You don't need the link to that. You already have it.

I had a get together at Chilis. I wanted to have one last dinner with all of my friends prior to leaving. I'm sure there are pictures somewhere out there. But I don't have them. I was too busy eating a chocolate milkshake with extra, extra, extra sprinkles.

Oh! And Brittany White posted the sweetest post ever. Here it is. I always have links to her blog from mine, but I can't help it. She's great.

I promise my next post will be full of pictures of our new life. Pictures of our house and car and flower bed and the base and each other. I've been too focused on finding the internet to upload pictures or really even take them. But next Sunday (hopefully) you will get the full scoop on everything that is Gilchrist.

We love you friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been thinking about your list...with scott being sick, not really able to eat a lot of different things, now is the best time to try vegan for a week! Just a thought...miss you to the moon sister :)