April 20, 2010

Our first month together.

Today marks one month in California. It's been a good month. It's been a fun month. It's been a month full of new experiences. From living with a boy to shredding lettuce, I sure have learned a lot. And I think I can speak for him to say that he has too. I love being married.

We spent the weekend decorating our house. It's looking better. It's not done yet so I don't want to post pictures. But I promise I'll do my best to get this place looking good and post pics very soon.

Scott had his first field operation this past week. He was gone Tuesday morning through Thursday night. He loved it! He got to sleep outside and shoot guns. Every boys dream. Since he wasn't here I didn't cook as much. But I will show you what I did make:

Here is dinner Monday night.
Farfalle with roasted garlic, nuts, and raisins. This is from Get Cooking.
Homemade salad with homemade croutons. I think homemade salad is so neat. I'm so used to the bag stuff. But you can make it on your own! And you can put whatever you want in it!
I also made Italian breadsticks from $5 Dinner Mom! Scott said they tasted just like Olive Garden's. They didn't taste anything like Olive Garden's. But they were still good.
These are Pioneer Woman's Mocha Brownies. But I don't like coffee. So they're minus the mocha. I made them while he was away. Comfort food.
Friday night we had Anthony over! He is the nice neighbor who helped us move in.
I was there too.
We had PW's Cowboy Calzones. Minus all the cheese. Scott LOVED them. I'm not a big fan. If you make these, don't take out the cheese. This picture is pre-cooking.
And post-cooking.
While we were enjoying dinner we noticed the room filling up with smoke. Don't worry, I was just making PW's Pineapple Upside Down Cake. We took off the smoke detector and kept baking. I was determined to make that cake.
And it turned out great! This is right side up.
And this is upside down!
I like this cake, A LOT.
Saturday morning I made PW's Sour Cream Pancakes. But Scott doesn't know there was sour cream involved. Don't tell him.
He really liked them! Don't worry, I won't show you his underwear this time.
While we cleaned/hung stuff Saturday afternoon we made smoothies. I took all of your suggestions and carefully considered them. This is what I came up with...
I used milled flax seed, frozen and not frozen bananas, frozen and not frozen strawberries, and a cup of expired strawberry yogurt.
We put it all in the blender, (this was taken before we put in the yogurt and flax seed) and mixed it all up.
It helps it blend nicely if you put on bunny ears and sing.
And if you do a little interpretive dance along with it, it gives your smoothie just the right texture.
And of course, if all else fails... mash it.
They were awesome. Really. We loved them more than Smoothie King. I think flax seed is the secret ingredient. Try it!
And this was Sunday night. I wanted to make Carl's Jr. hamburgers. We don't have Carl's Jr. in Texas but it is amazing. Best hamburgers ever. I tried to re-create them at home. It wasn't as good as CJ but it was still tasty.
These are Angus pattie's. Did you know that Angus beef is beef from black cows? I learned that at the farmers market.
These are homemade hamburger buns. I like making those.
And this is all the lettuce we had left over. And a tomato.

So, that was our food this week. I got to check another off thing of the 101 list!
97. Perfect a smoothie recipe that Scott loves. Done!
And as of today, I get to check off 42. Don't buy any clothes shoes or accessories for a month. Also, done!

I have been making friends. As soon as I'm close enough with these friends to take their pictures I will post pictures of them. Hopefully, that will be soon. One of these friends is from Napa Valley! She's gonna get me the hook up on 89. Go to Napa Valley.

I finally got my camera to the Canon place. I will get it back in 7-10 business days. I don't think I've gone 7-10 days without taking a picture in the past year. It's gonna be tough.

This week will be a good one. Scott's 22nd birthday is on Friday! I'm gonna make him calzones, butter noodles, and a cookie cake. Pray that those things turn out great. It would be disappointing to mess stuff up on his birthday.

Thank you all for the support and answered questions. I love you guys so dang much.

2 comments:

Sadie Constance said...

Dude. In-N-Out Burger is way better than Carl's Jr. I miss you.

bsimms8907 said...

I wish I could learn to cook like you! All your food looks so yummy!