December 18, 2010

A week of greatness!

Let me just tell you why this week was great:

1. First and foremost, I GOT TO SKYPE WITH THE LOVE OF MY LIFE! It was the first time I've gotten to see his face since September. It was incredible. I still have butterflies flying around inside of my body. Just look at how handsome he is.

2. It was my first full week at home with my parents.

3. During that week my dad wore this.

4. I got to babysit this kid. And his sweet baby sister.

5. I also got to babysit this kid. He is best friends with the kid above.

6. I GOT THE IPHONE 4! I have been waiting my whole life for this. Well, for like 3 years. It was worth every single penny. It's beautiful and amazing and perfect. Much like the man I Skyped with.

7. The iPhone came with this cool holder. I think I'll give it to my dad.

8. All my Christmas shopping is done. I'm such a good wife.

9. Speaking of being a wife. Did I mention that I got to Skype with my husband? Did I also mention that he looked even better than when he left despite the fact that he has been sleeping in the middle of the Afghan desert for 3 months?



10. I got to hang out with my most favorite roommate. And she loved every second of it.



11. I got to hold a hamster. But really, that's not something that made this week great. It actually may have taken away from the greatness a little bit. They are kind of gross. I just wanted to take this picture for Scott. He's having some rat issues. I wanted to show him that they are sweet and cuddly.


12. I completed my college tour by visiting Danielle, in Denton, at the University of North Texas!


13. She took us to her friends' house. They were nice boys who made dinner for us. Did you know college boys knew how to cook? I didn't.


14. Danielle, Lauren, and I went to visit Preston at his sweet little house.


15. While at Preston's house Lauren gave me a comprehensive geography lesson.



16. Wait, is this my list of great things? Scratch that last one.

17. This is great.


18. I got to go to lunch with my sweet sister-in-law and mother-in-law. Amber took us to my new favorite restaurant, The Grand Lux Cafe. It was so good! I wish we would have taken pictures of the desserts. Those were the best part. Peach Blueberry Cobbler, anyone have a recipe? I need it. I have to make that dessert again and it has to be soon.


19. I got to play with Brucey Bruce.


20. I told him he was moving to California soon. He was ready to go...



21. Next time I post I will be back in California, probably. Unless I get really ambitious and decide to post Christmas night before we leave. But the odds of that are slim to none. I am usually up all till the wee hours of the morning packing the night before I leave on a trip. So, if I'm late on my posting next week it is because I'm somewhere in the middle of Arizona. Don't be mad.

22. Christmas is in 5 days.

23. I got to Skype with my man.

24. I know I've already said that but I did and I'm excited and it's my blog so I do what I want.

25. I finished off the chocolate out of the advent calendar tonight. I never make it all the way to Christmas.

26. We had a back up advent calendar so I also got to get us caught up on that one.

27. My stomach hurts.

28. I am going to bed. Goodnight.

Oh wait. 29. I learned to knit! You'll see plenty of pictures of that in later posts.

30. Goodnight, again.

No comments: