January 1, 2011

Christmas Post!

I am still getting Christmas cards in the mail so it's not too late to do a Christmas post. Right? Ok, glad we agree. Let's get to it.

My Christmases started out at my FIL's house with my SIL. (Father-in-law and sister-in-law, duh.)

Maureen made a delicious 4 course dinner.
Appetizers.

Spinach and strawberry salads!

The main course. And dessert. Which, for some weird reason, I did not photograph. Dessert is the best part of a meal. I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. Please forgive me. I wonder how many times I've said that on this blog...?

Lexi was there! In her flashing Christmas light collar.

We all had an amazing time. We laughed, we cried, we opened presents. We ate. And ate. And ate. And then we left and prepared for the next day...

At the GAYLORD!

My MIL (Get it this time?) made it unforgettable!
For starters, she got us all matching PJ's! Apparently, this is a family tradition. This is my first year to be in the family. I love this tradition. And this family!

She brought us tons of snacks.

And stockings!

And presents!!

We had a blast. Me, my SILs, my BIL, and my MIL. Ok, I think that's enough with the abbrevs. It's getting a little ridic.

As the night progressed things got a little wild... at the gingerbread house. How many people can say that about their Christmas?

I love having sisters. Mom and Dad, why didn't you ever give me any sisters? It's so fun having sisters! I had to wait 21 years for this. Geez.




After eating appetizers, walking around, and changing into our pajamas we got down to business. Stockings.

And then onto presents! Look at our purses... I love you, Mom 2! That night was one I will never forget.

And neither will the cleaning crew. Sorry, housekeepers.


The next morning we went to ICE.

It was Charlie Brown. I haven't been in years but it was great!

Merry Christmas!

Warning: I am about to get a little corny. Just hear me out, or skip over this part. The best present I received this Christmas was being with family. My new family, my old family, my extended family, my immediate family, my family of friends, and my friend's families. I don't care whose family it was, or what kind of family it was, it was all awesome. I didn't realize how much I missed being around familiar people who I love so much and who love me. I have never experienced a Christmas like I did this year. Getting to have sisters and a brother and whole new side of the family is such a blessing. I hadn't thought about this part of getting married until now. They have accepted me so warmly into their family and for that I am forever grateful. I'm already excited for the holidays next year and the year after that. I have the best in-laws in the whole world. And my parents are awesome, too. I love you, Mom and Dad. You always make me feel happy. It's not a new thing. Ok, I know that was probably a little much for this blog but these pictures are making me feel all warm inside and it's 1am and I'm all alone sitting on our couch. Give me a break. I'm trying to share my feelings here.

Back to the Christmases. I couldn't be in Oklahoma on Christmas but that's not a problem for the iPhone 4! Thanks to Facetime I was able to be with Meema and Papa as they opened their gifts!

Lastly, Christmas at the Christopher household. Isn't is weird that I'm not a Christopher anymore?

My mom loved her Build-A-Bear.

She loved it thiiiiis much!

Santa got an awesome new Bible! Oh wait, that's not Santa. That's my dad!

Brucey got a snazzy scarf.

He looks so handsome, just like his daddy. Except his daddy is less hairy. Or, he was when he left. Who knows what he looks like now...

And Chanley and Leo got doggie cookies! Disclaimer: Do not leave the doggie cookies sitting out on the table because they look just like regular cookies and your mom will eat them.

Needless to say, Christmas this year was pretty great. Wanna know the best part? No, I'm not about to get all mushy gushy on you again. We get to do it all over again in April! Along with birthdays, and one year anniversaries, and New Years, and Valentines Day... It's going to be a busy April.

The day after Christmas my BFF's and I loaded up the rental car and headed west until we hit the ocean. And Camp Pendleton. The next post will be all about our adventure. It's coming soon. But you don't have to believe me when I say that. I don't even know if I believe me when I say that anymore... I'm working on it. I really am. Don't stop loving me.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: