March 6, 2010

CAMP PENDLETON!!

I have 2 big things for you this week, get excited.

1. In case you haven't heard me standing on top of my roof screaming it... we're stationed at Camp Pendleton! I could not be more happy! Thank you to everyone who has been praying. We are both ecstatic and cannot wait to finally be together. Let me go ahead and do a little Q and A with myself to answer a few questions that I have been getting a lot lately:

Tricia, where's Camp Pendleton?
Well Tricia, I'll tell you. It's in northern San Diego, California. The most beautiful place in the world. Ok, maybe not the world. But it's up there.

Tricia, do you guys have a place to live?
No, not yet. We can't decide whether to get an apartment 5 minutes from Scott's work in San Clemente or live in on-base housing 40 minutes from his work. We should figure it out next week. Hopefully by Wednesday.

Tricia, when are you leaving?
We're aiming for March 20th. But considering we don't know where we're living we haven't bought a plane ticket or made any final plans. After we get our living situation nailed down we will decide exactly when I'll go. But I have started packing!

Tricia, how are you going to fit all your boxes on the plane with you?
I didn't think the people in the seats next to me would appreciate all of the extra carry ons, so I decided against the whole cram everything in your suitcase thing. The Marines will move you for free! So, that's what we're going to do. The movers will come and take everything we own and we'll pray that they bring all to us in Cali.

Oh and Tricia, how's Scott doing?
Right now he's sick. But he's excited that he's graduating from the School of Infantry on Wednesday! He is anxious to get to his new unit. Which is 3rd Battalion 5th Marines in San Mateo (San Mateo is a part of Camp Pendleton), woo! He will be there next Wednesday. None of his friends from his platoon at SOI are in the same unit as he is but they're at Pendleton so we know we'll get to see them!

Any more questions?
Nope!
Good.

2. My wedding shower was today! I love wedding showers. I don't know if it was because so many people I love were in the same room. Or if it was because all of those people brought me presents. Or it could have been because there was cake. Really good cake. So good, I had it for dinner cake. Anyway, here are a few pictures from the big day:

Look what I got!

A Kitchen Aid mixer! Thank you Darlene, Amber, Danielle, and Meema!! I love it!

Here's the infamous cake!

And both of my moms.

Madalyn! I love you so much. I can't wait for you to grow up.

Brittany thinks it's important to always document what you eat. Here's what I ate.

And here are my presents...

I forgot that I loved opening presents!

Especially when you get presents like this one...

The White family got me such cute things. Along with all of the other great things that my really nice friends got me. I just love wedding showers.

Kara Magee is a really good friend. She is always there.

And I miss Lo. She's my roommate. Well, pre-husband. I love her.


Oh! And did I mention that I got a Kitchen Aid? Because I did!

Overall, it was a really awesome day. I love all of my friends. And wedding showers are amazing. Especially when they are for you. Thank you to everyone for coming and to Karin for hosting the best wedding shower I've ever had.

I love you guys. And I'm sure Scott does too. Thank you for the praying and the advice and the encouragement and all the nice letters and comments. You're the greatest friends/family we could ask for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

baby that is a good lookin kitchen aid, i cant wait to watch you destroy our kitchen with it